BLUEBERRY WONTONS WITH BLUEBERRY LEMON SAUCE
For the sauce:
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water, divided use
6 tbsp brown sugar
5 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
For the wontons:
4 oz whipped cream cheese
4 oz mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
8 egg roll wraps
canola or vegetable oil, for frying
1. Mix cornstarch in 2/3 cup water until dissolved. Pour into small pot, and add brown sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Heat over medium high heat, stirring until mixture thickens. Add blueberries and 1/3 cup more water, and let cook until boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, and let cook for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and confectioners sugar and mix. Fold blueberries into mixture gently.
3. Lay egg roll wrap diagonally on a plate, and place some filling in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold in both sides snugly against filling. Moisten edges of last flap. Roll wrap up and seal top corner. (See pictures below)
4. In a large pot, pour oil to about 2-3 inches. Heat over medium-high heat. Using a large spoon, gently place wontons into oil, a few at a time. Fry until golden, turning occasionally, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve wontons with blueberry lemon sauce. Let cool slightly before enjoying. Makes 8 wontons.